Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Ria Matheussen, CZT



CZT Family Tree
We always say that the Zentangle Method attracts really awesome people. We have had the pleasure of working with wonderful Certified Zentangle Teachers (CZT) all over the world and we are excited to share these wonderful people with the entire Zentangle Community. Through our new series, CZT Family Tree, we will introduce individual CZTs.


Today, we are excited to introduce Ria Matheussen

-----+-----

Name: Ria Matheussen
CZT: #22

Hometown: Izier (Belgium)


Favorite Tangle: Tripoli

Favorite place to tangle: during the summer in the shadow of a tree in the garden, in wintertime, cozy at the kitchen table, in the middle of the house. 

How I use the Zentangle Method in my life: The Zentangle Method brings more balance and inner peace into my life. I feel happy when I’m drawing. Before I discovered this method, I was a nervous person, now I live more at the moment and learned to appreciate what I have drawn. The Zentangle Method proved that it is possible for everyone. That is exactly what I tell my students during my workshops. I love the possibility to connect with people from all over the World. I give and receive a lot of comments and e-mails, thanks to the challenges. I couldn’t miss it anymore.


My favorite story or memory about teaching the Zentangle Method is: one of my students was Margit, a woman of 45 years old. She was in a severe car accident when she was 18 that caused brain damage. Before the accident, she wanted to start the academy of art because she was very talented. Because of the brain damage it was impossible for her. She had to put away her dreams and started easy part-time work in an office. She came to my lessons and was so excited to discover she liked this kind of drawing very much. Margit told her tangle adventures to her parents and relatives. A friend of the family teaches children with autism. Margit taught this friend the Zentangle Method and now the autistic children also like to draw this unique style. I will keep in touch with Margit and frequently, she shows me her beautiful tiles and the work of the autistic children.


Through my experiences as a CZT, I have learned: The Zentangle Method is really possible for everyone, it can connect people and it makes yourself and others more creative, more satisfied and more happy.



If I’m not tangling, you will find me . . . in the woods, walking with our two dogs or reading a book with a lovely song on in the background and a cup of herbal tea.


Website/Blog: www.tangledreams.be

 

11 comments:

Karin Godyns said...

So good to see you here Ria! What a beautiful story. Love your tiles! Love, Karin

Little City Cookies LLC said...

Nice to meet you! Your tiles are beautiful!

Thomas Frederic said...

Hello Ria , I really like your combination of watercolours and zentangle !

Jennifer Sparrow said...

Dear Ria! What a beautiful story! I'm so glad to see you featured. You are such a kind and supportive member of our family, and an inspiration through your artwork.

Bruno en Nathalie said...

I like your fantastic, inpiring blogposts ria

Bram said...

What a wonderful story Ria. Keep on tangling and teaching Zentangle to inspire others.
You have made very nice, little pieces of art, they keep improving.
Thanks to you I discovered the meditative effect of Zentangle to clear my mind, but still create.

maddy said...

Good feelings! Big hugs :-)

Ellen said...

Nice meeting ou here Ria. Saying hi9 from The Netherlands. Thank you for sharing your story.

ria matheussen said...

I'm very grateful that Zentangleart came into my life and brought so much happiness.
Warm regards to Rick and Maria and to the whole big Zentanglefamily all over the world. Wish you the best for the future.
Thank you all for your comments, emails and subscriptions.

Fran said...

Hi Ria, I love your work and your webpage with a very nice up to date blog, job well done... Thanks for the friendschip and we will start the beginning of a new Zentangle-friendship. Keep on tangling. Lots of love and hugs from Francine Huygen CZT17.

ria matheussen said...

Ik wilde nog een paar kleinigheidjes veranderen aan mijn website (beetje up to date houden) en keek toevallig dit item nog eens na. Wat een fijne verrassing om hier deze lieve commentaar van jou te vinden. Dank je wel Francine.